Thursday, July 30, 2009

10 minutes

Here's a very nice video that kind of made me a little emo after watching it...
Its quite long, about 9 mins (and I am saying this sarcastically and then I lament, because based on how fast we're living our lives today, even 3 mins would seem too long.)

So if you have the patience, or are too bored, give it a view, ya?
And try to watch it first without reading the commentaries of yours truly below or the commentaries on youtube. Then try to guess how come this movie is entitled 10 minutes.

And another point to note, for the most part of the video, a long take technique was utilised. A long take - that is, an uninterrupted shot in a film usually lasting several minutes.



During my younger days, you could say I did quite a bit of travelling to different parts of the world.

Thus back in Singapore, I often wondered about the people, about the place, about the activities that were going now over on the other side of the globe.

I would be sitting on the bus in the day, on my way back home, and I'd think about how its night time in San Francisco right now, or how its so cold in Japan at this moment. And I would think about how the streets were different, how the weather was different, how the culture and people were different, and yet, we would be feeling the same amount of time ticking by.

Perhaps that is why this video kind of struck a raw nerve with me.

So the next time you're made to wait an extra 10 minutes for your food to be served or for your train to arrive, and you're starting to get really impatient or irritated...

...think what that 10 minutes would mean to someone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home